The content on the SweepMe! Wiki is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License unless otherwise noted. This page summarizes what you need to pay attention for if you want to use content from this Wiki or if you contribute to this Wiki.
- 1 Main Principles of the CC-BY-SA License
- 2 Using content from this Wiki
- 3 Contributing content to this Wiki
- 4 References
Main Principles of the CC-BY-SA License
What you are allowed to do
- You can use, copy and redistribute the content.
- You can change and modify the content and create derivative work.
Which terms apply
- An appropriate attribution is required. Usually you need to provide the author, where you have taken the content from, a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. Differing attribution requirements may be stated by the author.
- If you use the content, modify it, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Using content from this Wiki
The text in the articles of this Wiki are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License unless otherwise noted. Contributors have accepted that the attribution is satisfied by a hyperlink to the article page or the URL.
Images uploaded to this Wiki might be licensed under various licenses. Please have a look at the image page (by clicking on an image you will get there), where you should find a section showing the license and the source of the image. In case the contributor has not included the license, the image needs to be considered copyrighted. Do not use the image until the licensing status is clear. Even if the image is public domain, this needs to be stated on the image page.
Files and Other Resources
Files and Other Resources might be licensed under various licenses. The license should be included it the package.
Contributing content to this Wiki
Your contribution to this Wiki is considered to be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License. You agree that a hyperlink or URL to the article page is sufficient attribution. You may only contribute content which
- you wrote yourself,
- is public domain,
- or is available under a license that allows a publication under these terms. Attribution must be given if required by using an appropriate reference.
Images may be put under a different license than CC-BY-SA-4.0 as long as the work can be still considered free and free to distribute. Therefore, all images need a license and information section. For help on uploading images, visit Upload Images.
When uploading an image, select one of the possible licenses for own work. You can edit the attribution text after the upload on the file page. After the upload, you should also add a summary with description, source, date, and author.
Images from other sources
When uploading an image that is put under a license that is available in the license menu, like CC-BY-SA-4.0, select this entry. After the upload, you must edit the license to include all necessary information, like attribution. You should also add a summary with description, source, date, and author. Please note, that the summary does not replace the license information and attribution. Even if a summary with source and author is present, a full attribution is still required in the license section (depending on the license terms of the work).
If the image is put under a licenes which is not available in the dropdown menu, but it is a free license that allows an upload to the SweepMe! Wiki, you can use the other license option and enter all necessary information manually. However, you must not upload copyrighted work which does not allow redistribution without further permission.
Files and Other Resources
For files that are not viewed on the web but are intended for download instead, the license needs to be included in the file that is downloaded.
- Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) License, human-readable summary