Whenever a new version is released, there might be some changes needed to use your old settings and Device Classes. Here, you can find instructions that are needed to be performed. In case you change to a new version by skipping a version, you might have to follow the instructions of the skipped versions as well.
Migration to version 1.5.3.x
- When using the installer, a path like "C:\SweepMe!\SweepM!x.x.x.x." will be suggested. Thus, different versions can be installed at the same time. However, please make sure that there is no old version in "C:\SweepMe!" that has not yet any version-related subfolder.
- Setting are now stored in a public folder of the public user of the operating system. Copy your old settings from your previous version to the public settings folder that you can find via File -> Open Folder -> Settings
- SweepScripts are now stored in a public folder of the public user of the operating system. Copy your old SweepScripts from your previous version to the public SweepScripts folder that you can find via File -> Open Folder -> Public
- Calibration files, e.g. used for the Device Classes of the Spectrometer module, are now stored inside a public folder as well. Copy your calibrations to the folder 'CalibrationFiles' inside the public folder which can be found via File -> Open Folder -> Public.
- Whenever Device Classes need external libraries such as dll files, they can be saved now in the folder 'ExternalLibraries' which can be found inside the public folder (File -> Open Folder -> Public)
- Your measurement data will be saved now in the folder 'Measurement' located in the public folder (File -> Open Folder -> Public). Please renew any desktop link that you created to easily find your data.
- The Module PlotData does not exist anymore and therefore will not be correctly. Plots are automatically updated whenever new data is available. If your settings use PlotData at the end of the sequencer, you will get an error message, but the rest of the setting should work as usual. If PlotData is used at a higher position of the sequencer, all following modules will not be loaded. At the moment, the only workaround is to open the setting and remove all used "PlotData" from where the sequencer is saved and move all following modules one level up.
- The Module MakeFile now creates a header with three rows. When you load and evaluate your data later on, you might have to change your import filters and scripts. Please, find a guide how to import SweepMe! data here: Loading data files
- Check your settings and renew them if needed.
- Device Class development: It might be necessary to change the use of the function "set_GUIparameter". The dictionary which is returned by this function must now contain all keys related to GUI elements that should be enabled and a corresponding default values. Thus, users can see which parameters are supported by a Device Class.
- Device Class development: In case your Device Class was developed for the Module Logger or Switch, the Parameters-Line is no longer available. Instead, you can dynamically create GUI elements yourself, just by returning keys and default values using "set_GUIparmeter"