We use a set of different tools to provide support to our customers. Please find further information below.
SweepMe! Remote Support Tool
To remotely support you, we provide a tool that is based on the remote access software of RemoteUtilities.
To realize a remote connection, we provide a tool that can be obtained via a SweepMe! account. This tool has to be started on the computer that should be controlled remotely.
After starting the remote support tool, a dialog pops up with an 'Internet ID' and a 'Password'. We will ask you for these two numbers in order to create the connection. The 'Internet ID' cannot be changed, but you can renew the password if needed.
After we initiate a remote connection, a message box will be displayed that asks you to enable the remote connection. As long as you do not confirm, no remote connection is possible.
To stop a remote connection, just close the agent.
Installation of the agent
- Login to your SweepMe! account: https://sweep-me.net/login/
- Go to 'Downloads and Developer Tools'
- Click 'Download SweepMe! Remote Support Tool'
For doing video chats, we recommend to use Jitsi. A session is easily created and sharing the desktop screen is possible as well.
Initiating a session
- Go to https://jitsi.org/
- Click 'START A CALL'
- Alternatively, go directly to https://meet.jit.si/
- Enter a unique session name in the field 'Start a new meeting'
- Click 'GO'
- Allow webcam and microphone access
- Your session is created
- Disable camera or mute mircophone if you like
- Click on the 'i' in the bottom right corner
- Add a password (otherwise everybody can join the session who knows the link)
- Share the browser link and the password with the participants
Joining a session
- Wait for the session initiator to share the browser link and the password
- Enter the link in your web browser
- Enter the password
- You can join a session muted, using https://meet.jit.si/<session name>#config.startSilent=true where <session name> is the name of your session